Fabregas endorses his preferred league winners, then says about the beginning of the season, 'I forgot how to play football'


It has been a season to forget for everything Chelsea.
Just like his club, Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas started this premier league season as a champion but on a terribly wrong foot, even in all his individual performances until recently. He has now has revealed how alarming the extent of the dip was even to himself.


He claims it was so bad that even with the ball at his feet, he forgot how to play. Even a kid in that position would know what to do.

The father of two who made 18 Premier League assists says his confidence was so low during the difficult few months that he would receive the ball and not know what to do next.

'One time after a game, after Bournemouth, I was in bed and I spoke to my wife,' he told Goal.com. 'I forgot how to play football, I have the ball and I don't know what to do with it.

'It was hard, those two or three months from November, when I had no confidence.'


After Mourinho's sacking in December and with the club hovering dangerously close to the relegation zone, Chelsea appointed Guus Hiddink on the interim and Fabregas and some of his teammates have since seen their form slightly improved although still disappointing to a good number of fans.

'Everything has changed in the last few months, I'm playing very well,' Fabregas added. 'Most importantly, it isn't how you get (knocked) down, it's how you get back up. I can be better now.'

He has also endorsed Leicester City as title winners ahead of London rivals Tottenham come the end of the season.

'I want Leicester to win,' Fabregas added. 'What they're doing is remarkable. It takes real passion and guts.'

Chelsea are currently in 10th place with little hope of securing European football for next season.

I was just wondering, what if Chelsea forgot to post his cheque? Haha..kidding

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 Biggest Sex Scandals In Football History!