PSG boss Blanc and Ibrahimovic gay relationship update - PSG stars refuse to play with Aurier as he speaks out for the first time


After being on the receiving end of so much abuse and hate comments, Paris Saint-Germain defender Serge Aurier has now issued an apology for his use of homophobic slur in relation to his manager and team-mates.
The Ivory Coast international was suspended indefinitely by the club on Saturday for comments which he made during a live Q&A session on Periscope on Saturday night.
He made a slur aimed at his manager Laurent Blanc and called out other members of the PSG squad, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Read more here
He must now miss the Champions League round of 16 first-leg clash with Chelsea on Tuesday.


In a video on PSG TV, Aurier retracted his comments by making a public apology to everyone offended by the video.

“I made a big mistake, I am here to say sorry to the coach, the club and my team-mates, and to the supporters because they are the most important people," he said. "I want to apologise especially to the coach, I can only thank him for all he has done for me since I arrived in Paris. He wanted me and since I came here everything has gone really well. I owe him a lot and that is why I apologise sincerely to him for what was said, which I deeply regret.

“I will accept any sanction the club impose on me regarding this incident. I made a mistake, it was unforgivable and I am ready to face all the consequences.”

The club’s senior players are said to have vowed not to play alongside the 23-year-old Ivory Coast international again. And a furious PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has also suggested Aurier's future at the club is over.
Al-Khelaifi with Blanc after the manager signed a new contract last week
In a statement, Al-Khelaifi said: “I took the decision to dismiss Serge Aurier. Paris Saint-Germain is a very strong institution which nobody can touch.
“This video, filmed in a private setting, clearly contains unacceptable comments about team-mates and especially coach Laurent Blanc.
“PSG wishes to express its fullest support to coach Blanc and to to the players who have rightly felt offended by Aurier’s remarks.”

This is not the first time Aurier has provoked controversy. Last season he caused a stir which resulted in a three-game Champions League ban by UEFA after he made 'insulting' comments towards a referee on Twitter. The referee was responsible for sending Ibrahimovic off for a tackle on Oscar during PSG's 2-2 draw at Chelsea in the final 16 in the champions league.

In the video, Aurier described referee Bjorn Kuipers as a 'dirty son of a b**ch', in response to Ibrahimovic's dismissal.

He subsequently apologised, saying: 'I beg the pardon of Mr Kuipers, his assistants and all match officials for my reaction after the match at Chelsea. My team-mates and myself are working to reinforce the image of Paris and France in European football. This negative image is obviously not what we want to send out.'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 Biggest Sex Scandals In Football History!