Chelsea join West Brom, vow to ban fans for 'idiotic and dangerous' act of missile coins aimed at players during FA Cup win


Manchester City's teenage striker David Faupala appeared to been pelted with a coin after scoring for the away side, in the Citizens' FA Cup loss st Stamford Bridge

The London club have now vowed to ban any supporters found guilty of committing the pathetic act. Chelsea's decision comes just 24 hours after West Brom vowed to take same action against any fan found guilty of throwing a coin at their own player, Chris Brunt during their 3:1 FA Cup loss against Reading.


Center referee Andre Marriner was seen picking up at least three coins at the Matthew Harding end of Stamford Bridge and Chelsea will now work with the police to identify and punish the offenders.
A Chelsea spokesman said:
“We condemn such idiotic and dangerous behaviour, and if we can identify those responsible then we will ban them from Stamford Bridge. It's worth noting it's a criminal offence, too and we will support any police prosecution if we can identify, along with the police, those individuals responsible for that behaviour today.
Chelsea interim manager Guus Hiddink added:
“Yes, I was aware of it. I could easily say no, I'm not aware but I was aware and I always like to face the facts a bit, well not a bit, a lot. There were coins thrown to the Man City players in their celebration. Yeah, we condemn it and I condemn it strongly and I think Chelsea will react. Those people, those persons, they must not come into stadiums.”
Speaking about the incident, City manager Manuel Pellegrini said:
“I didn’t see it. I don’t know what happened. The players didn’t discuss it at half-time. I don't know if anyone was hit, this is the first I hear of it.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 Biggest Sex Scandals In Football History!