AS Roma send Totti home from training after club legend's furous bust-up demanding for more respect


AS Roma reportedly sent Francesco Totti back home from training on Sunday morning ahead of their game against Palermo in the evening following the club captain’s demand for ‘more respect’ amid a lack of playing time.

Totti also explained that he had a poor relationship with manager Luciano Spalletti, who in turn has now chosen not to include the club icon in the squad.
Roma fired former coach Rudi Garcia earlier in the season and brought back Spalletti to take charge. Their form has since improved, slowly but certainly .

They have won their last four games in the league but Totti has only played in one match for 31 minutes during that period while he played a few minutes against Real Madrid in the Champions League.
He has recently recovered from injury and speaking to TG1 on RAI Totti said that he felt fine and if he’s not playing now it must be down to a tactical decision.

“I still feel like a player who is physically in good shape and I want to play, the injury is behind me now and if I don’t play it is purely down to a tactical decision,” he said.


“I can’t stay at Roma like this. It hurts to be on the bench. I understand at my age that I play less, but ending my career like this is bad for me as a man and what I’ve given to Roma. I demand more respect for all I’ve done here.
“What is my rapport like with Spalletti? We say ‘good morning’ and ‘good evening.’ That’s it. He said such nice things in the papers, but not to my face. I respect him as a coach and think he has what it takes to remain at Roma.”

In fact, the relationship has deteriorated to such an extent that journalist James Horncastle reports that Totti was sent home shortly after the bust-up and won’t be involved in the match later tonight.

Totti’s contract expires at the end of the season and nothing has been said about whether the club will decide to offer him a new deal.
In total, he has made only five appearances in the league this season, nevertheless, his status as an iconic figure at the cub cannot be over-emphasized.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 10 Biggest Sex Scandals In Football History!